Inland Marine Insurance

Inland marine coverage is a special coverage and can encompass coverage for all types of property, depending on the insureds needs.  Some of the popular coverages are:

  • Miscellaneous tools coverage (Ex: coverage for all the small hand tools in your truck)
  • Mobile equipment (Ex: lawn mower or backhoe)
  • Property in transit – delivering your customers goods in your vehicle
    • Property policies limit coverage to the address listed on the policy
  • Inland Transit coverage – coverage for goods you ship with a common carrier or trucking company
    • Can be written on a blanket basis to avoid having to purchase insurance through the shipper– USPS, UPS, FedEx, ect.
  • Installation Floater – coverage for your product for when it is being installed in a building, home, ect.
  • Ocean Cargo – coverage for your goods when they are shipped via air or sea.
  • Builders Risk – covers losses to a building while being constructed or during major renovations.
This web site may contain concepts that have legal, accounting and tax implications. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice. You may wish to consult a competent attorney, tax advisor, or accountant.